Sunday, February 22, 2015

Down With Big Hollywood



I'm just going to rant a bit. 

I used to have a link to Big Hollywood, a website that covered entertainment with an admittedly rightist slant.

I have as of today disassociated myself from Big Hollywood because the site itself caused major headaches to my laptop.

They are a very ad-heavy site, and most recently selecting the link led me to be asked to download I think Adobe.  Well, like a fool I did so, and from that sprang adware taking over and making it impossible to do anything on my machine.

Once again I was forced to set the laptop to factory default, and once again I lost my Microsoft Office.

This is the second time this particular site has caused me problems on my machine, and now I had it. 

It's bad enough not being able to read anything there because some frightful ad pops up, but now I've had this hoopla connected with it AGAIN!

I won't have it.

As a result, Big Hollywood is permanently off this site.  I also fired off a tweet to @bighollywood to let them know I don't appreciate this.

Well, there's my rant.  I managed to get my machine working again, and as for my Microsoft Office, well, I'm not sure.  Maybe when I restart...for the tenth time.

I can say that Big Hollywood led me to "the proxy server is not responding", and nothing I did could get that working again.  I had to go to extreme measures, which I didn't want to take, but there it is.

I'll never go back there again and urge everyone to ignore it altogether.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views are always welcome, but I would ask that no vulgarity be used. Any posts that contain foul language or are bigoted in any way will not be posted.
Thank you.